As a test engineer, you are responsible for planning, setting up, and executing tests to ensure that software products meet quality requirements and user needs. He also works closely with developers to identify and resolve bugs.
- Utilize testing design techniques, critical analysis and metric management
- Communicate test progress to test management
- Identify key functional areas based on risks
- Write and prioritize test conditions
- Write test cases including errors found during testing
- Identify and record defects found during testing
- Execute test cases
- Read documentation to understand areas to test
- Perform post-production/post-implementation testing
- Work in cross-functional team to ensure quality throughout the software development cycle.
- University or Master’s degree in computer science or equivalent experience
- At least 2 years of experience in a similar role
- Curious and eager to learn
- Autonomous, motivated, with strong ability to quickly adapt and respond to changes
- Good understanding of the development environment and testing related issues and challenges
- Knowledge of testing techniques, types of testing, different levels of testing, principles of functional and non-functional testing and structured and risk-based testing.
- Ability to read, understand and apply test plan XML files
- Ability to create test scenarios based on requirements
- Ability to create a bug report
- ISTQB certification (Foundation level and additional Advanced mandatory)
- Experience in continuous integration and deployment using Jenkins, GIT, etc.
- Knowledge of software development methods and life cycle management
- Knowledge of one or more work methodologies (Agile, Waterfall, V-Model, etc.)
- Knowledge of at least one testing tool (ALM, TestCafé, TestLink, etc.)
- Good proficiency in French and excellent knowledge of English
- Position located in Brussels
- Hybrid position